Our Conference Room Mural Key
- John and Ann Allen. (Although neither were alive during the time of the mural, we decided to illustrate them “in-spirit.”)
- Thomas Earl House, 415 North Main.
- Dr. Chase’s Steam Printing House, 301-305 North Main Street.
- Wooden Fire House, corner of Huron and Fifth.
- Gregory House, built in 1862 (corner of Huron and Main). Replaced the original Franklin House hotel, built in 1837. From the date of the painting, it could be either one.
- Several churches (including Methodist at State and Washington and the Zion Lutheran at Fifth and Washington and the Presbyterian at Huron and Division).
- The first courthourse, which was a wooden structure, completed in 18349. Alexander Winchell’s octagon House (only tower is visible in painting).
- 120-124 South Main, opened as the “Bank Building” in 1867, also known as the Goodyear Building (corner of Washington and Main).
- North University Faculty Houses.
- The first Law School, built in 1863.
- Medical School.
- Union Block including Spalding and Fleming Hardware, Krause tannery and Henry Binder’s saloon and boarding house.
- Two main university classrooms with dormitories, a library. There are stories about an arbor that John Allen and Rumsey’s wife used to meet under.
- 405 Fourth Street, John Keck Company furniture. Originally a wooden structure, now a brick building known as the Argus Building
- Waite-Kellogg House at 723 Moore Street.
- Anson Brown Building; across the street and in similar architecture is the Huron Block also built by Anson Brown.
- Ann Arbor Mill which changed hands many times.
- Agricultural Works building.
- Huron River.
- Delivery wagon making its way into town from the Central Brewery located near the railroad.
- Michigan Central Train Station 1845-1886.